So I’ve given up refined sugar for lent and when my sister was home from university she wanted to bake for us all and made these yummy flapjacks with honey so that I could eat them. They are so good that I’ve made a second batch today.
- 7-8 tablespoons of honey
- 300g porridge oats
- 200g butter
- Dried fruit of your choice. Have as little or as much as you like.
- Nuts and seeds, again as many or as little as you want. You can completely omit them if you have allergies 🙂
- Weigh out all your ingredients.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees of Gas Mark 4.
- Grease a baking tray and place baking paper on it. Preferably use a baking tray with raised sides.
- Chop your dried fruit and nuts if you want to add them in.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the honey to the butter.
- Add the oats to the mixture.
- Add the nuts and fruit if you want them.
- Press the mixture down onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut the flapjacks while still hot being careful not to let them crumble.
- Leave to cool and harden in the tray.
- Once hardened, remove and enjoy.