A delicious chocolate cake with far less calories and no sugar whatsoever, what is not to love!
- 225g of Xylitol ( a sugar alternative, easily available in supermarkets such as Waitrose)
- 225g of butter
- 200g self raising flour
- 25g corn flour
- cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- Pre heat then oven to 180 degrees.
- Line two cake tins with greaseproof paper and grease the tins.
- Weigh out ingredients.
- Mix the butter with the xylitol until creamy.
- Add 1 egg and beat into the mixture.
- Fold in 2 spoonfuls of the flour.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all the eggs are used.
- Fold in the corn flour.
- Add a little milk if the consistency of the cake mix is too thick.
- Add the cocoa power until the mixture tastes chocolatey enough.
- Half the mixture and spoon into the cake tins.
- Smooth the cake mixture in the tin.
- Bake the cake for 25 minutes. The cake is ready when a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean.
- Take the cakes out of the tins and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled decorate as you wish. I made butter icing with xylitol for my cake and used a sugar free chocolate sauce as a filling.