This is the perfect bake for when you are craving chocolate or are short of time to make more complicated biscuit recipes which require you to chill the raw dough overnight.
- 200g of milk chocolate
- 100g of dark chocolate
- 150g milk chocolate
- Tea spoon of vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g butter
- 225g plain flour
- Weigh out all of the ingredients.
- Break or cut the chocolate into small pieces. Keep the milk chocolate separate in this process and place into a microwavable bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and butter.
- Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave, regularly checking and stirring it so as not to burn the chocolate.
- Set the melted chocolate aside.
- Mix the sugar and butter together in a large bowl using a wooden spoon.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour.
- Add around 2/3 of the melted milk chocolate and stir until absorbed.
- Add in the pieces of dark and white chocolate.
- Using a ice cream scoop, scoop up the mixture and dollop onto the lined baking tray.
- Cook for 9 minutes. When baked the cookies will still be soft but will be light brown in colour.
- Leave on the baking tray to cool and harden.
- Whilst the cookies are on the baking tray decorate them by drizzling over the remaining chocolate.
- As soon as it is possible to move the cookies use a flat spatula to transfer them to a cooling rack and harden completely.
- Once the chocolate has set they are ready to enjoy!
Why not put some in a cellophane bag or a pretty tin and give them as a gift? Or try drizzling white chocolate on top too?