Delicious, quick and easy there is no excuse to buy this dessert now!
- 120ml chocolate flavoured cream liqueur.
- 100g of lady finger biscuits/ sponge biscuits.
- 200g of custard. You can make this or buy it but it must be fresh!
- 125g of mascarpone cheese.
- 250ml of double cream.
- 25g of grated dark chocolate.
- 150ml of coffee (the stronger the better).
- Mixing bowl.
- Large serving dish.
- wooden spoon.
- Make the coffee, set aside and leave to cool.
- Place the sponge biscuits in the bottom of your serving dish.
- Pour over the cooled coffee making sure it goes over all the biscuits.
- Pour over the alcohol.
- In the mixing bowl use the wooden spoon to mix together the mascarpone and the custard.
- Spread the custard and mascarpone mix over the sponge fingers.
- Whisk the cream and spoon over the top of the custard and mascarpone and sponger fingers.
- Grate dark chocolate over the top of the cream.
- Cover the serving dish with a lid/tin foil/ cling film.
- Leave to chill overnight.
- To serve cut into square slices and serve in glass pudding dishes or bowls.