For the muffins:
- 50g of butter- this needs to be very soft.
- 250g self-raising flour
- 250g of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 50g of cooking chocolate
For the glaze:
- 100g of icing sugar
- 25ml of water
- half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Put cake cases into the muffin tin.
- Mash the banana in a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla and beat them together.
- Next fold in the flour and bicarbonate of soda gently.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces. (Smaller pieces are less heavy and so will not sink to the bottom of the muffins).
- Add the chocolate to the mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases so that they are half full. Do not fill to the top as the muffins will rise a lot.
- Bake for half an hour. When a skewer comes out clean the muffins are ready.
- Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile make the glaze by adding the water to the icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Place a tray under the cooling rack and drizzle the glaze over the muffins.
The muffins will last for up to five days if you store them in an airtight container.